We have completed over 200 acquisition and sale transactions totaling over $4 billion. We look for investment opportunities with scalable business models in high growth markets, underperforming assets with strong turnaround potential, dynamic and ambitious management teams and attractive risk-adjusted returns.
Amneal Pharmaceuticals, founded in 2002 with principal offices in Bridgewater, New Jersey, develops, manufactures and distributes generic pharmaceuticals regulated and approved by the U.S. FDA.
Our team arranged for an initial investment in Amneal in 2005, providing growth capital for its founders to pursue an aggressive expansion strategy. With our team's guidance, capital support and expertise, Amneal:
- Developed and expanded manufacturing and R&D facilities in the U.S. and abroad
- Completed four acquisitions to date, including the acquisition of assets of publicly traded Interpharm Holdings, Inc. (AMEX: IPA)
Today, Amneal is the 7th largest U.S. generics manufacturer by prescriptions dispensed and is among the fastest growing generic pharmaceutical companies in the U.S.
Therapeutic Proteins International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Therapeutic Proteins International, LLC (“TPI”) develops and manufactures biological drugs using innovative patented and proprietary technologies to achieve the highest quality products cost effectively. TPI is uniquely positioned as a U.S.-based biotechnology manufacturer that intends to supply FDA-approved biosimilar products globally.
Tarsadia’s investor group partnered with TPI’s predecessor shareholders in early 2012, by forming a new company into which the shareholders contributed assets and Tarsadia’s investor group provided growth capital to continue pursuing product development and global commercialization. TPI has achieved major goals spurred by Tarsadia’s capital support:
- Established a world-class scientific team to lead fast-track product development and regulatory approvals worldwide
- Met major regulatory goals by establishing biosimilarlity of difficult biological drugs
- Commenced human trials of its first line of products
- Established a GMP compliant manufacturing facility capable of globally supplying recombinant products coming off patents
In 1999, our team led the acquisition of a fee simple interest in the Anaheim Marriott. Located adjacent to the Anaheim Convention Center, the landmark hotel has 1,033 rooms, over 100,000 square feet of meeting space and five food and beverage outlets.
Following the acquisition, investors of Tarsadia Investments converted the in-place hybrid operating lease into a uniquely structured triple net lease, the first of its kind for the experienced hotel lessee. In addition to the lease, our team:
- Spearheaded a $25 million renovation
- Renovated the meeting space in 2004, which included the addition of the Grand Ballroom, growing the meeting space from 60,000 to over 100,000 square feet
Today, Tarsadia Investments provides hands-on asset management services for the property on an ongoing basis.
Originally founded in 1986 and headquartered in Covina, California, LERETA provides high quality, customized real estate tax reporting and monitoring services and flood certification services to over 4,000 active mortgage lenders and servicers nationwide.
Former executives of the business, together with a capital investment arranged by our team, acquired LERETA in 2009 from the bankrupt estate of Land America Financial Group. Working with Tarsadia Investments, LERETA has:
- Restructured the business and executed a new strategic plan
- Organically grown annual revenue over 60% between 2010 and 2012
- Acquired the tax reporting and monitoring subsidiary of Lender Processing Services, Inc. (NYSE: LPS) in 2012
- Acquired Real Estate Tax Services business of QBE Insurance Ltd. (ASX:QBE) in February 2014
LERETA has grown into the 2nd largest independent national real estate tax service provider and one of the largest flood certification providers in the U.S.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, DAQRI is one of the world’s leading augmented reality developers, providing custom software and creative solutions to clients across a broad spectrum of industries. DAQRI has developed a technology platform to deliver the most sophisticated enterprise augmented reality solutions. This platform has already powered thousands of augmented reality applications for major consumer brands, publishers and manufacturers. DAQRI continues to lead innovation of new augmented reality applications in the fields of industrial manufacturing, education, medicine, brand communications, and entertainment.
In June 2013, our team acquired DAQRI and announced a $15M private equity commitment to be used to boost DAQRI’s engineering and design resources, and to increase its sales force to support the company’s global expansion.
Founded in 2005 and headquartered in South Plainfield, New Jersey, Prolong Pharmaceuticals™ (“Prolong”) specializes in the engineering of novel drug molecules leveraging the multi-faceted core attributes of PEGylation technology. The company's lead product, SANGUINATE™, is in clinical testing and focused on treating the comorbidities of sickle cell disease and other disorders caused by ischemia, hypoxia and/or hemolysis.
Tarsadia’s investor group first agreed to provide capital to Prolong in 2009 in the form of a $15 million commitment. In the past 5 years, Prolong’s team:
- Completed pre-clinical development on SANGUINATE™ in 2012, with the first patient dosed at year end in Australia
- Established large scale PEGylation manufacturing facilities on its New Jersey campus
- Received FDA approval for SANGUINATE™ for a Phase I Complete Study Report on safety, supporting additional clinical development